Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saddle Making Training with Dusty Johnson

After dreaming of working on saddles for many years I finally got the opportunity to make a dream come true. In 2006, I participated in Dusty Johnson's (http://www.pvsaddleshop.com/ ) saddle making school in Loveland, Colorado. Spent time studying 1:1 with Dusty, it was a great experience that launched the Parshall Saddle Shop (more about the meaning of this later)! Here are some pictures of the first saddle I built with Dusty's meticulous guidance. The saddle can be used for roping or pleasure riding. It's very comfortable and will fit you well.

Since my instruction, I have set out on my own, making saddles and many other accessories for the avid horse person.

Some of the gear I make includes: saddles, bridles, halters, chaps, holsters (great for the cowboy re-enactment enthusiast), trail riding accessories, and other speciality items on request. All work is custom made by me.

About my style: all my saddles are handmade using the same techniques as Dusty Johnson.



This basic western saddle is only made with flat plate rigging and is not made with a Cheyenne Roll, fancy lacing or elaborate stamping or carving. The Skirts and rear jockeys are cut with rounded corners.
























































No comments: